The Stone Mountain Highland Games are held on the third FULL weekend of each
October just East of Atlanta, Georgia. The Games feature living history units,
outstanding pipe, dance and athletic competitions, over 80 Clans and Societies,
glorious Scottish music from around the world and vendors and crafters from around
the country. The region is always beautifully decorated in Fall's finest colors.
Stone Mountain park is an added attraction for the Festival.
The Stone Mountain Highland Games
The People We
- Clan MacLachlan joins Clan MacEwan at the Stone Mountain Highland
Games, October, 1995, for a wee dram and celebration. Both groups have been
close friends for years. Several individuals are members
of both organizations.
- The late Basil Gilchrist, then Southeast Regional Commissioner, takes a moment
to relax during the 1995 Games.
- Within a few minutes, what started out above as a small gathering of MacLachlans
and MacEwens quickly grew into a larger group. Members of both clans mysteriously
appeared - almost as if they truly were Children of the Mist... Perhaps it
was the Calling of the Clans - or perhaps it was the Water of Life!
- Herb Jacobs, then Vice-President, talking with his fellow MacLachlans
on what issues they feel are important.
- Hugh Gilchrist, CMANA President 1984-1987 and Newsletter Editor 1988-1999,
and his son enjoy the wonderful Fall weather of the Georgia Games.
- Jane Gilchrist, Michaele Finegan and Marjorie Warren await the
start of the 1995 Parade of Tartans.
- Jim Finegan, Secretary 1990-1999, awaits the Parade of Tartans. As usual,
the parade is on Scottish Standard Time - late.
This site is maintained by the Clan MacLachlan Association of
North America, Inc.
This page was last updated on June 17, 2011.
© 1996-2011 Clan MacLachlan Association of North America,